John Donut

1618 S Broadway
Saint LouisMO 63104

Hours

Mon-Wed    11 pm - 12 am
Tue-Thu      12 am - 12 pm
Thu-Fri        1 pm - 12 pm

Friday at midnight, John Donut is a sitcom, complete with a laugh track of teenagers and fun Superman collectibles. 
It's off the beaten path in an industrial area of Soulard. If you're not used to Soulard, it might look a little sketchy, but parking is right in front and I felt 100% safe.
Though it was supposed to be spring in good old STL, it was cold and pouring. Mike, Trey, and I were relieved to see plenty of seating and hot donuts being shoved onto the racks.

Mike's favorite snack is cinnamon raisin bread with nutella, so when he saw a Chocolate Iced Cinnamon Raisin donut, did he have a choice?
It was still hot. It is his favorite donut so far (ever) and that's a big deal.
$6 for these and a milk

Trey, not a fan of raisins, ordered one Chocolate and one Vanilla Sprinkle donut. He preferred vanilla and I preferred chocolate. They're both pretty standard donuts. 

Trey is a good co-donut-eater because without much prodding, he
tears me off bites of his donuts.
I got a Glazed Danish Dough Twist and Chocolate-Coconut Cake donut. The glazed was light, fluffy, fresh, and flaky- everything I hoped it would be. The chocolate coconut was good but didn't compare to my glazed.

As we ate our donuts, regulars stopped in- a truck driver, an elderly couple, a business man. The employee jokes with them. When I told him I do a donut blog in STL, he gave me a sarcastic "Oh geeze" and made fun of how long we took to decide. Many of the regulars ordered plain glazed donuts. 

Verdict: John Donut is the Cheers of donut shops. And hoorah! for late night hang-outs. 

Donut pals



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Croissant or Fried Danish Cruller?

Travel Edition - Pikes Peak "World Famous Donuts" at 14,000 ft

Clayton Bakery - Now Bello's Bakery - On Manchester Rd