Federhofer's Bakery

Today the donut craving hit around noon. Uh oh. On a Saturday, that means most donut shops are closing about now. 
So my co-donut-eater, Mike, and I ran out the door. 

We tried a shop I'd been wanting to blog about, but this unnamed donut shop was closing. Figures. So we almost settled for Kabobs, the logical second choice.

But wait!

Federhofer's!

Federhofer's has sentimental value for me, because this is the bakery of my childhood. We came here when we needed bread, donuts, or sheet cakes.

Today I got a chocolate long john, vanilla custard filled, and twisted danish dough cruller. I highly recommend anything with Federhofer's chocolate icing. French crullers are also excellent and I would've gotten one if I'd woken up earlier. My fault, no excuses.
Seriously, though, if you like chocolate, this icing is top of the line.

What I love about Federhofer's is that I don't feel terrible about myself after eating these donuts. They aren't greasy at all. And the long john's are not too big, so I still have room for more donuts. 

They're located on Gravois in Affton. We paid $6 for 6 donuts and a coffee. Good day.

http://www.federhofersbakery.com/

















Comments

  1. Hey, nice post...love the way you have presented the whole story...it's
    always good to read and get to know quality stuff...

    Bakery Shop in Gurgaon



    Do visit my page and leave a comment if you like any of it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Croissant or Fried Danish Cruller?

Travel Edition - Pikes Peak "World Famous Donuts" at 14,000 ft

Clayton Bakery - Now Bello's Bakery - On Manchester Rd