Donut House in Bayless is BACK!!

Right as I began the donut blog, Donut House mysteriously shut down. Was I surprised? Not really- the former owners were a couple that didn't seem to ever sleep. 24 hours a day they were there, ready to give me donuts. 

Under new owners, Donut House has re-emerged! The interior is newly decorated and has plenty of seating! It's cute, bright yellow, and clean. 

A+ on selection - Saturday morning @ 10:30ish

Steph, Hannah, Michael, and I stopped in around 10:30 and selection was great.  

Steph got a Chocolate Long John & Donut Holes. Hannah got a Carmel Long John & Chocolate Iced Old Fashioned, Michael got a non-donut breakfast sandwich, and I got a Glazed Twist.

Top- our confusion- what should we do with these donut holes? Eat them?
Feed them to each other?  

Our verdict on these donuts- for the most part, they're okay. Steph and Hannah weren't crazy about their Long Johns- they'd had better. My Glazed Twist, however, was perfect! I made them try it and everyone agreed- we would all go back, but only for the Glazed Twist. 

Hannah is all about the crispy outside on her donuts and my Glazed Twist is the only one that reached an appropriate level of crispiness. It was maybe a Cinnamon twist? I will have to eat another to be sure :)


Glazed Twist wins. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Croissant or Fried Danish Cruller?

Clayton Bakery - Now Bello's Bakery - On Manchester Rd

Travel Edition - Pikes Peak "World Famous Donuts" at 14,000 ft