St. Louis Hills Donuts

I used to live a whopping 1 block from St. Louis Hills Donuts and managed never to go there, primarily because it's a morning donut place.

I woke up early for STL Hill's donuts because I've been told they're "the best" and that once sold out, they close. So even though the sign says they're open til noon, Sundays around 10:30 am, sometimes the donuts are just gone.

In my opinion, if you're a donut shop and you consistently sell out of donuts, how about make more donuts? Maybe I'm crazy here.

Action shot! Thanks, Matt!
Clearly I went into this a smidge bitter. But the employees were friendly and various customers recommended the glazed. I will say, Glazed was my favorite. One customer was upset by the lack of donut holes. 


Matt and I shared a Glazed, Vanilla Iced French Crueller, Chocolate Iced Cake, Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing and Almonds, and Cheesecake Donut.

Yeah, I bring my own Mason jar of milk. This is a donut blog, not a milk blog.

Cheesecake is a newbie for me. It has sugary crumbles on top and the donut is folded to create a pocket for a whipped, puddingish cheesecake center. I struggled for a while to decipher the best way to chomp into this donut. You just have to go for it.

I only ate a few bites before feeling the sugar coma set in and Matt finished it.

Figuring out the best approach to this Cheesecake donut.
The French and Cake donuts were good, but nothing too exciting. Maybe if I'd gotten there at 5 am I would feel differently. But even for blogging purposes, that's too early. 

Verdict: I recommend St. Louis Hills Donuts to morning people. And if you're cruising by and see the open sign, swing in, because once they're out, that's it for the day. P.S. CASH ONLY

Hours
Tuesday-Sunday: 5am-Noon

Location

6917 Hampton Ave
Saint LouisMO 63109

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Croissant or Fried Danish Cruller?

Travel Edition - Pikes Peak "World Famous Donuts" at 14,000 ft

Clayton Bakery - Now Bello's Bakery - On Manchester Rd